Periodontists & Dental Implant Specialist in Toronto
Everyone knows the importance of good oral hygiene and healthy lifestyle habits. But even the best of these can’t always prevent losing a tooth over the course of adulthood, and especially with aging. More than 69% of adults between 35 to 44 have lost at least one tooth. By the age of 74, 26% will have lost all of their permanent teeth.
But you shouldn’t have to live this way. Among dozens of periodontists in Toronto, Periodontal Associates is dedicated to replacing your missing teeth with dental implants. With this most advanced tooth replacement method, you can eat, talk, and smile confidently again.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts that fuse with your jawbone, serving as artificial roots of replacement teeth. They anchor your new dental crowns in place, so they look and function like natural teeth. Now, you can eat and talk with ease and confidence.
What is a periodontist? How are they different from regular Toronto dentists?
The dentist is your first stop for dental care in Toronto. When it comes to the gums, tissues, and bone that support the teeth, as well as advanced tooth restoration treatments like dental implants, you need a periodontist.
These specialist dentists complete a three-year university post-graduate specialty that equips them with advanced training for treating periodontal diseases like gingivitis, periodontitis, gum disease, and oral inflammation. Periodontists are licensed in Periodontology and certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
Why Choose a Periodontist for Your Dental Implants in Toronto
With their ability to replace missing teeth and support new dental crowns, dental implants offer the best quality of life. To enjoy this benefit, you need the right specialist in Toronto. Periodontists are trained in oral surgery and implantology, dedicated to the success of your dental implants.
- Experience: Following dental school, periodontists undergo advanced training in implantology and treatment of periodontal diseases. This allows them to perform your dental implant procedure, and ensure the health of the gums, tissues, and bone supporting your teeth.
- Innovative Dental Care: Periodontists train in advanced dental care, including dental implant procedures—the most innovative tooth replacement method.
- Improved Quality of Life: Using leading techniques in implantology, periodontists can restore full dental function and ensure your best quality of life.
Our Dental Implant Process
Taking place over the course of several months, the entire dental implant procedure is a complete rehabilitation of your smile and full dental function. See how our periodontists in Toronto ensure your health and comfort throughout, and a successful implantation.
1. Consultation and Dental Exam
Our periodontists confirm that you are a good candidate for dental implants. We conduct a full dental exam with x-rays and 3D imaging, and review your full dental and medical history. Based on the number and location of missing teeth, we design a personalized treatment plan. We’ll also walk you through anesthesia options and antibiotic prescriptions for the procedure.
2. Removal of Damaged Teeth and Bone Grafting
Before placing the dental implant, your periodontist will remove remaining parts of damaged teeth and roots. Then, they will examine your jawbone and place a bone graft if it has deteriorated. A bone graft restores its strength so it can fuse with the implant.
3. Placing the Dental Implant
Your periodontist will make an incision along the gum line to reach the jawbone and drill holes where the implant will be placed. The dental implant functions as the new root of a replacement tooth. You may need a temporary partial denture to cover the gap while the jawbone heals and fuses with the implant.
4. Osseointegration and Placing the Abutment
Over the course of a few months, the jawbone heals and fuses with the implant. This process, called osseointegration, allows the implant to anchor your new tooth in place. Once complete, your periodontist will place the abutment, a device that secures the new tooth to the implant.
5. Placing the Replacement Teeth
Finally, you’re ready for your new tooth, also called a dental crown. Your periodontist will attach the new tooth to the implant, keeping it securely in place and providing you with fully restored dental function.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants in Toronto?
Dental implants have changed countless lives in Toronto, providing many like you the ability to eat, talk, laugh, and smile again with a full, healthy set of teeth. Our periodontists in Toronto will need to determine if you are a good candidate, and ensure that you can enjoy the benefits of replaced teeth.
- You need to be in good oral and general health
- You need to have sufficient bone density in the jaw to support the dental implant and replacement crown
- You need to have healthy gum tissues.
Once your periodontist confirms that you are a good candidate, they can proceed with your dental implant procedure. With a successful dental implant, you can enjoy the benefits of a fully restored smile and dental function.
How much are dental implants in Toronto?
Dental implants are an investment in your lifelong oral health and dental function. As a result, their ability to support replacement teeth can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $6,000 in Toronto.
However, everyone has unique oral health needs. Plus, depending on the location of missing teeth, a single dental implant can function as the root of several replacement dental crowns, providing maximum benefit.
Find out the cost of your dental implants based on:
- The number of missing teeth and dental implants required to anchor new dental crowns
- The actual dental crown restorations
- The strength of your jawbone and whether you need a bone graft
- The location of the dental implants, either endosteal (the most common, fused with the jawbone) or subperiosteal (under the gum line) and the resulting complexity of the implantation
- Your dental insurance coverage, whether full or partial for the dental implants and crowns
- The training, experience, and qualifications of your periodontist in Toronto.
What to Look for When Choosing a Periodontist in Toronto: The Periodontal Associates Advantage in Dental Implants
Periodontal Associates is proudly led by top periodontists in Toronto. Our team of board-certified and highly experienced periodontists have undergone extensive training in implantology and periodontal treatments.
Beyond keeping the gums, jawbone, and tissues supporting the teeth healthy, we specialize in restoring your complete and healthy smile with dental implants. Combined with our expertise in gum disease treatment and oral pathology, we’re here to ensure your lifelong oral health.
- Board-certified periodontists: Our periodontists are licensed in Periodontology, highly trained in implantology, and certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. We bring years of experience in performing dental implant procedures and achieving positive, lifelong oral health outcomes.
- Personalized treatment plan: We understand that everyone’s oral health needs are unique. Our periodontists develop a fully personalized treatment plan for your dental implants, with optimal recovery and quality of life.
- Affordable treatment: Periodontal Associates is committed to ensuring the accessibility of dental implants and life-changing periodontal treatment in Toronto through insurance and financing terms.
- Conveniently located, state-of-the-art clinic: Located close to Toronto’s major highways, our modern clinic is warm and comfortable, designed to ensure your health and comfort.
Struggling to eat, talk, and smile confidently? Periodontal Associates can help you with dental implants in Toronto. Let’s replace your missing teeth, so you can enjoy full dental function. Book a consultation with our periodontists today to learn more about dental implants.