Periodontists & Dental Implant Specialists in North York
At Periodontal Associates, we know that life happens. Even with the best of oral hygiene and dental care, we have seen countless patients in North York lose at least one tooth due to oral health problems and the natural process of aging—a fact endured by over 69% of adults ages 35 to 44, and the 26% who lose all of their permanent teeth by the age of 74%.
But one or several missing teeth shouldn’t be the end of your healthy, confident smile. With dental implants, our periodontists can restore your ability to eat and talk, and full dental function. Discover the benefits of permanently replacing teeth with dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Made of titanium posts that fuse with your jawbone, dental implants function as the artificial root of new dental crowns, anchoring them securely in place. Because of their strength and placement in the jawbone, dental implants support new permanent teeth that look, feel, and function like natural ones.
What is a Periodontist? How are They Different From Regular North York Dentists?
The dentist is your first stop for basic dental care and oral health in North York, but when it comes to the gums, tissues, and bone that support the teeth, you need a specialist—a periodontist.
After dental school, periodontists complete a three-year university post-graduate specialty where they train in treating periodontal diseases, such as gingivitis, periodontitis, gum disease, and oral inflammation, as well as permanent tooth replacement and implantology. Periodontists are licensed in Periodontology and certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
Why Choose a Periodontist for Your Dental Implants in North York
The success of your dental implants, and their ability to restore your healthy smile and full dental function is largely determined by who performs the procedure. You need a periodontist in North York who specializes in dental implants—highly experienced in periodontal treatments and oral surgery.
- Experience: Through their advanced education and training in periodontal treatment and implantology, periodontists are highly experienced in the most complex dental care procedures.
- Innovative Dental Care: Periodontists specialize in performing dental implant procedures, the most advanced tooth replacement treatment. Their goal is to restore the health of the gums, tissues, and bone that support the teeth.
- Improved Quality of Life: Using the latest techniques in implantology, periodontists are dedicated to restoring your full dental function and quality of life.
Our Dental Implant Process
The dental implant procedure takes place over several months, designed to restore your full smile, oral function, and quality of life. Find out how our periodontists in North York ensure your health and comfort, and the success of your dental implants.
1. Consultation and Dental Exam
Our periodontists conduct a full dental exam with x-rays and 3D imaging and review your dental and medical history to confirm that you are a good candidate for dental implants. Based on the number and location of your missing teeth, we design a personalized treatment plan. Our periodontists will also review anesthetic options and antibiotic prescriptions for the procedure.
2. Removal of Damaged Teeth and Bone Grafting
Your periodontist will remove any remaining damaged teeth and roots. Then, they will examine your jawbone to confirm that it is strong enough to support a dental implant. If you have suffered bone loss, you may need a bone graft to restore its strength before the implant can be placed.
3. Placing the Dental Implant
Your periodontist will create an incision along the gum line to access the jawbone and drill holes where the implant will be placed. Once fused with the jawbone, these titanium posts will function as the new root of replacement dental crowns. In the meantime, you will need a temporary partial denture to cover the gap.
4. Osseointegration and Placing the Abutment
It takes a few months for the jawbone to heal and fuse with the dental implant, a process called osseointegration. Proper healing and fusion give the implant its strength, allowing it to securely anchor your new tooth in place. Then, your periodontist will place the abutment, a device that attaches the new tooth to the implant.
5. Placing the Replacement Teeth
Once your gums heal and the implant has successfully fused with the jawbone, you’re ready for your new teeth. Your periodontist will attach the new dental crowns, designed to look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants in North York?
Dental implants have changed thousands of lives in North York, providing many like you the ability to eat, talk, and smile with ease and confidence again. At Periodontal Associates, our periodontists are dedicated to ensuring that you can enjoy these benefits. We start by confirming that you are a good candidate for dental implants:
- You are in good oral health, without underlying medical conditions
- Your jawbone has sufficient bone density, or you are able to receive a bone graft to ensure the implant can successfully fuse with the bone
- You have healthy gum tissues.
Once your periodontist confirms that you meet these conditions, you can proceed with your dental implant procedure. These ensure its success, so you can enjoy the benefits of a fully restored smile.
How Much are Dental Implants in North York?
Dental implants are an investment in your oral health and dental function. Because of their ability to support permanent new teeth, they can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $6,000 in North York.
But, keep in mind that your oral health needs are unique. The cost of your dental implants largely depends on the number and location of missing teeth. And since each implant can support several replacement dental crowns, you can maximize its benefits.
Find out how the cost of your dental implants in North York is determined:
- The number of missing teeth and required dental implants
- The actual dental crown restorations
- The strength of your jawbone and whether a bone graft is needed
- Where the implants will be placed and the resulting complexity of the procedure, either endosteal (fused directly with the jawbone, the most common), or subperiosteal (under the gum line)
- The amount covered by your dental insurance plan for the implants and dental crowns
- The education, experience, and certifications of your periodontist in North York.
What to Look for When Choosing a Periodontist in North York: The Periodontal Associates Advantage in Dental Implants
At Periodontal Associates, our team of highly experienced and board-certified periodontists are dedicated to ensuring your overall oral health, starting with completing your smile. From replacing your missing teeth with dental implants to treating gum disease and oral pathology, our goal is to keep your gums, jawbone, and tissues supporting the teeth strong and healthy, for life. See what makes us North York’s top-rated periodontists, and how we’ve helped thousands eat, talk, and smile confidently again.
- Expert qualifications: Our periodontists specialize in implantology and periodontal treatment, with many years of experience in performing dental implant procedures and ensuring successful oral health outcomes.
- Personalized treatment: We know your oral health needs are unique. It’s why we create a personalized treatment plan for every patient, designed to ensure successful replacement of missing teeth, with optimal recovery time and quality of life.
- Affordable cost: We’re committed to making the life-changing benefits of dental implants accessible to all in North York, through insurance and financing terms.
- Clinic location and comfort: Periodontal Associates is conveniently located close to North York and major highways, with a modern, safe, and inviting clinic designed to keep you comfortable.
With Periodontal Associates, you can eat, talk, and laugh again—with full confidence that only comes from a full, healthy smile. Let’s complete your smile with state-of-the-art dental implants today. Book a consultation with our periodontists to find out if dental implants are right for you.
Learn More About Your North York Dental Implants Periodontist
North York is located directly North of Old Toronto, East York and York regions, bordering Etobicoke to the West and Scarborough to the East. According to a census, as of 2016, it was home to a population of 869,401. As a district of Toronto, North York is represented by councillors elected to the Toronto City Council; members elected to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario and members elected to the Parliament of Canada. It’s home to Downsview Airport, Yorkdale Shopping Centre and Fairview Mall and several major hospitals, to name just a few landmarks.
Although North York is home to several periodontists, there is only one clear choice for your dental implant needs – the experts at Periodontal Associates. Contact the trusted team at Periodontal Associates to get started.