Periodontists & Dental Implant Specialists in Etobicoke
No matter how well you keep up with oral hygiene and take care of yourself, the reality is, losing a tooth is a fact of life. Over 69% of adults ages 35 to 44 have lost at least one tooth to accidents and oral health problems, while 26% lose all their permanent teeth by the age of 74.
But today, missing teeth isn’t the end of your ability to eat, talk, and smile confidently. Now, with dozens of periodontists in Etobicoke, you have various options for restoring your smile. But only Periodontal Associates can effectively replace your missing teeth with lifelong dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Unlike other tooth restoration treatments, dental implants support permanent replacements for missing teeth. Dental implants are made of titanium, consisting of a post that fuses with your jawbone. The implants serve as artificial roots and anchor replacement teeth or dental crowns in place. Thanks to their strength and placement, dental implants offer an unparalleled quality of life, allowing you to eat, talk, and smile with permanent teeth that look and function like natural teeth.
What is a Periodontist? How are They Different From Regular Etobicoke Dentists?
Dentists take care of your overall oral health, but periodontists are specialist dentists. After dental school, they complete a three-year university post-graduate specialty that provides them with advanced training in treating the gums, tissues, and bone that support the teeth.
This allows our periodontists in Etobicoke to perform tooth restoration using dental implants, and treat periodontal diseases, including gingivitis, periodontitis, gum disease, and oral inflammation. They are licensed in Periodontology and certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
Why Choose a Periodontist for Your Dental Implants in Etobicoke
The ability of dental implants to permanently restore your strong and healthy smile is due in large part to who makes it possible. To ensure this, you need only the best specialist in Etobicoke: a periodontist highly trained and experienced in oral surgery for permanent tooth replacement.
- Experience: Periodontists undergo extensive training in advanced dental care, equipping them with state-of-the-art knowledge in performing oral surgery to place dental implants, and treating the gums, tissues, and bone surrounding the teeth.
- Innovative Dental Care: Dental implants are the most advanced and only lifelong tooth replacement method. Periodontists train specifically in performing this procedure, providing you with leading dental care.
- Improved Quality of Life: By performing dental implant procedures in line with leading techniques in implantology, periodontists restore your full dental function and with it, quality of life.
Our Dental Implant Process
Ready to restore your full, healthy smile? See how our periodontists in Etobicoke perform a dental implant procedure to replace missing teeth permanently.
1. Consultation and Dental Exam
During your consultation at Periodontal Associates, our periodontists will conduct a full dental exam, take x-rays and 3D imaging, and review your dental and medical history to determine if dental implants are right for you. Then, we create a personalized treatment plan for replacing missing teeth. Finally, you will learn about anesthesia options for the procedure and get a prescription for antibiotics.
2. Removal of Damaged Teeth and Bone Grafting
Prior to placing the dental implant, our periodontist will clean out the remaining damaged teeth and roots. Next, they will examine your jawbone, and if it has deteriorated, place a bone graft to ensure it’s strong enough to fuse with the implant.
3. Placing the Dental Implant
Using an incision along the gum line, your periodontist will reach the jawbone and drill holes for the implant. Once in place, these titanium posts act as the root of replacement teeth. While your jawbone heals and fuses with the implant, you may need a temporary partial denture to cover the gap.
4. Osseointegration and Placing the Abutment
The jawbone heals and fuses with the implant over a few months, known as osseointegration. This allows the dental implant to securely anchor your new dental crown in place. Then, your periodontist will place the abutment, which attaches the new tooth to the implant.
5. Placing the Replacement Teeth
Once your gums are healed, and the implant is in place, your periodontist will attach your replacement teeth. Anchored by dental implants, your new teeth will look and function like natural teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants in Etobicoke?
Today, thousands of people in Etobicoke have enjoyed the benefits of a restored, healthy smile thanks to dental implants. But to ensure this, a periodontist has to ensure that dental implants are the best tooth replacement treatment for you. Generally, they consider if:
- You are in good oral and general health
- You have sufficient bone in the jaw that a dental implant can fuse with
- Your gum tissues are healthy.
Simply, your periodontist needs to make sure that your gum tissues and jawbone are healthy enough to support a dental implant and replacement tooth. Checking all of these boxes ensures you can reap the lifetime benefits of a fully restored smile.
How Much are Dental Implants in Etobicoke?
The cost of replacing missing teeth and restoring your healthy smile provides lifelong benefits. And while dental implants can range from $1,500 to $6,000 in Etobicoke, keep in mind that your dental care needs and oral health are unique. Additionally, since each dental implant can support several missing teeth, you can enjoy maximum value for even a single implant.
Generally, the cost of dental implants is determined by:
- The number of missing teeth and implants needed to anchor replacements
- Dental crown restorations
- How strong your jawbone is and whether you require a bone graft
- The placement of the implants, whether endosteal (fused with the jawbone) or subperiosteal (under the gum line), which determines the complexity of the procedure
- The amount covered by your dental insurance plan for the implants and dental crown reconstruction
- The training, experience, and professional qualifications of your periodontist in Etobicoke.
What to Look for When Choosing a Periodontist in Etobicoke: The Periodontal Associates Advantage in Dental Implants
At Periodontal Associates, we are periodontists—expertly trained, board-certified, and top-rated periodontal and dental implant specialists. Our team of periodontists and clinic staff are dedicated to helping you replace missing teeth and restoring your complete, healthy smile with state-of-the-art dental implants.
More than placing dental implants, our periodontists care about your overall oral health and the long-term benefits of replacing your missing teeth. We also specialize in treating gum disease and oral pathology and strive to keep your gums, jawbone, and tissues that support the teeth healthy.
Combined, our comprehensive approach to tooth replacement and oral health ensures an optimal lifestyle—from improved nutrition and speech to self-esteem and confidence.
At Periodontal Associates, we’re proudly led by expertly trained, board-certified, and top-reviewed periodontists. We specialize in treating your gums, jawbone, and tissues supporting the teeth with dental implants—the most advanced and only permanent tooth replacement method. As renowned specialists in both implantology, and the treatment of gum disease and oral pathology, we’re dedicated to restoring your healthy smile and promoting lifelong oral health.
- Expert qualifications: As implantology specialists, our periodontists bring years of training and experience in ensuring successful dental implant procedures and lifelong oral health outcomes.
- Personalized treatment: Our periodontists are committed to personalized care, fully focused on your unique dental needs, optimal recovery time and overall quality of life.
- Affordable cost: With insurance and financing terms, Periodontal Associates makes dental implants and their life-changing benefits available to more people in Burlington.
- Clinic location and comfort: Conveniently located close to Etobicoke, our state-of-the-art clinic is warm and inviting, designed for your full comfort.
Missing teeth shouldn’t be the end of your smile. Let’s restore your complete, healthy smile with dental implants in Etobicoke that allow you to talk, eat, laugh, and more, with utmost confidence. Book a consultation with our periodontists to begin your complete tooth replacement and restoration.
Learn More About Your Etobicoke Dental Implants Periodontist
Located at the West end of the city of Toronto, Etobicoke is one of the six municipalities that was amalgamated into Toronto. With no shortage of water access, Etobicoke has access to Lake Ontario to the South, the Humber River to the East and Etobicoke Creek to the West. Etobicoke is home to a diverse population consisting of 365,143 people, according to a census completed in 2016. It comprises suburban neighbourhoods and industrial areas characterized by larger main streets and shopping centers compared to some neighbouring municipalities. Because of its industrial areas, Etobicoke actually has the lowest population density compared to the other boroughs that make up the city of Toronto. Its neighbourhoods are usually divided into three zones: The Lakeshore, Central Etobicoke and North Etobicoke.
With several options within Etobicoke for a periodontist, we make it easy to choose the experts at Periodontal Associates. Contact our trusted team for help with your dental implant needs.