Periodontists & Dental Implant Specialist in Burlington
Can’t eat and talk properly or smile confidently due to missing teeth? You are not alone.
With over 69% of adults from 35 to 44 having lost at least one tooth and 26% losing all their permanent teeth by age 74, many periodontists in Burlington offer various tooth restoration treatments.
But at Periodontal Associates, we’re determined to restore smiles permanently with dental implants. Discover the lifelong benefits of new teeth that look and function just like natural teeth.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the most advanced and only permanent treatment for replacing missing teeth lost to accidents, oral health complications, and aging.
Consisting of a titanium post, the implant is placed in the jawbone to function as the replacement root for missing teeth. Once securely in place, a dental implant allows your periodontist to attach new dental crowns (replacement teeth). Now, you can eat, talk, laugh, and more with new teeth that look, feel, and function like natural ones.
What is a periodontist? How are they different from regular Burlington dentists?
Your dentist provides general dental care. A periodontist is a specialist dentist who treats conditions that affect the gums, tissues, and bones surrounding teeth, such as gingivitis, gum disease, periodontitis, and oral inflammation.
Through their three-year university post-graduate specialty, periodontists are fully equipped to perform dental implant procedures, the most advanced tooth replacement treatment. Periodontists are licensed by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada as specialists in Periodontology.
Why Choose a Periodontist for Your Dental Implants in Burlington
Dental implants are the only lifelong tooth replacement treatment that restores your complete, healthy smile. But it takes the right specialist to enjoy these benefits. See how the most experienced periodontist restores your healthy smile.
- Experience: A periodontist brings years of specialized dental training and experience in performing dental implant procedures, providing you with the best outcome: a fully restored, healthy smile.
- Innovative Dental Care: Periodontists specialize in providing dental implants, the most advanced and leading standard in replacing missing teeth and restoring full oral function.
- Commitment to Your Quality of Life: Certified in implantology, periodontists employ the best practices in enhancing your smile, so you can eat and talk with ease and confidence.
Our Dental Implant Process
Regain your ability to eat, talk, and smile in just five steps. See how our periodontists in Burlington can replace missing teeth and restore full oral function with dental implants.
1. Consultation and Dental Exam
Your periodontist will conduct a full dental exam, take x-rays and 3D imaging, and walk through your full medical and dental history to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. You’ll get a personalized treatment plan based on the number and location of missing teeth and explore anesthesia options. You may also be prescribed antibiotics for any infection.
2. Removal of Damaged Teeth and Bone Grafting
Your periodontist will assess the strength of your jawbone and recommend a bone graft if it has deteriorated. This ensures your jawbone is strong enough to fuse with the dental implant. They will also remove damaged teeth and roots.
3. Placing the Dental Implant
Once the jawbone heals, you’re ready for the dental implant. Using an incision along the gum line, your periodontist will drill holes to place the titanium posts. Once implanted, these will be the new roots of replacement teeth. You may wear a temporary partial denture to cover the gap while the jawbone fuses with the implant.
4. Osseointegration and Placing the Abutment
Over the next few months, osseointegration—the process of jawbone healing and fusing with the implant—occurs. Once fused, the implant provides a solid base that will anchor your replacement teeth in place. Then, your periodontist will place an abutment that attaches the new tooth to the implant.
5. Placing the Replacement Teeth
When your gums heal, your periodontist will place the new dental crown or your replacement teeth. With dental implants anchoring them in place, your new teeth will look and function like natural teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants in Burlington?
With their ability to support new, permanent teeth that look and function like natural ones, dental implants offer an unparalleled quality of life. Everyone deserves a full, healthy smile, but to ensure that it’s possible, a periodontist needs to make sure that you’re a good candidate. See if dental implants are right for you:
- You are generally healthy, with good oral health
- You have a good bone density in your jawbone
- You have healthy gum tissues.
A major consideration for receiving dental implants is having enough healthy tissue and bone. Your periodontist needs to confirm that these can support the dental implant and replacement teeth so that you can enjoy the lifelong benefits of a fully restored smile.
How much are dental implants in Burlington?
With their lifelong oral health, self-esteem, and overall quality of life benefits, dental implants are a smart investment. While this means they can range from $1,500 to $6,000 in Burlington, their actual cost depends on your specific dental care needs. Each dental implant can support several missing teeth at once, resulting in optimal value. Learn how the cost of dental implants is determined:
- The number of missing teeth and dental implants required
- The actual dental crown restorations
- Whether you need a bone graft to strengthen your jawbone
- Where the implants will be placed, which determines the complexity of the procedure—endosteal (fused with the jawbone) or subperiosteal (placed under the gum line)
- The amount of your dental insurance coverage
- The training, number of years of experience, and certifications of your periodontist in Burlington.
What to Look for When Choosing a Periodontist in Burlington: The Periodontal Associates Advantage in Dental Implants
Periodontal Associates is proudly led by periodontists. Our team comprises highly trained, experienced, and board-certified specialists in performing dental implant procedures and treating periodontal health concerns that impact the gums, jawbone, and tissues supporting the teeth.
As certified implantologists and experts in gum disease treatment and oral pathology, our periodontists bring the latest periodontal health to restore your strong and healthy smile. From the best practices and leading standards in placing dental implants to long-term oral health and function, you can count on us to ensure that you enjoy the lifelong benefits of replacing missing teeth.
- Dental implant expertise: Our periodontists are board-certified in periodontology and specialize in implantology, with years of experience in performing successful dental implant procedures.
- Personalized treatment plan: We understand your unique dental care needs and oral health history and develop a treatment plan that effectively replaces missing teeth with an optimal recovery time and the best possible outcome.
- Affordable treatment: Periodontal Associates is committed to ensuring access to state-of-the-art dental care and advanced treatments like dental implants. We offer insurance and financing options to make your restored, healthy smile a reality.
- Conveniently located, state-of-the-art clinic: Conveniently located close to the 403, Periodontal Associates is easily accessible from Burlington. Our clinic is warm, clean, and inviting, designed to optimize your overall dental implant experience and outcome.
Regain your strong and healthy smile today at Periodontal Associates. Book a consultation with our periodontists in Burlington, and start experiencing the lifelong benefits of state-of-the-art dental implants.