Periodontists & Dental Implant Specialists in Vaughan
Can’t eat, talk, and smile because of missing teeth? That’s no way to live. If you’re one of the 69% of adults aged 35 to 44 who has lost at least one tooth due to injuries, tooth decay, or disease, it’s important to know how dental implants can restore your smile.
Periodontal Associates is here to replace your missing teeth with dental implants and prevent the loss of all your teeth—something that happens to 26% of adults by age 74. Among dozens of periodontists in Vaughan, we’re highly skilled and experienced in performing dental implant procedures, so you can enjoy the benefits of new teeth that look and feel like natural ones.
What are dental implants?
Among all tooth restoration and replacement methods, dental implants are the longest-lasting and only complete tooth replacement systems. Made of titanium posts fused directly with the jawbone, dental implants are fixed in place, allowing them to function as the artificial root of new dental crowns that appear and function like your natural teeth.
What is a periodontist? How are they different from regular Vaughan dentists?
With regular visits for cleanings and check-ups, dentists can provide you with basic dental care and keep your teeth strong and healthy. But for issues that affect the gums, and the tissues and bones that support the teeth, you need a periodontist.
A periodontist is a dentist, who after completing dental school, trains for another three years in a university post-graduate program. This advanced training provides them the necessary knowledge for treating gingivitis, periodontitis, gum disease, oral inflammation, and other periodontal diseases.
More importantly, periodontists also specialize in replacing missing teeth with dental implants. For this advanced tooth replacement treatment, periodontists are licensed in Periodontology by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
Why Choose a Periodontist for Your Dental Implants in Vaughan
Dental implants are the only fixed and complete tooth replacement system. To get the best and ensure the strength of your smile, you need the most skilled person for the job. A periodontist has all the training, tools, and experience to perform oral surgery and implantology. They can successfully fuse the implant to the jaw bone and ensure that your new teeth are anchored in place, so you can enjoy the benefits of a fully restored smile.
- Experience: Periodontists undergo advanced training in periodontal treatment and implantology to perform dental implant procedures and treat issues affecting the gums, tissues, and bones that support the teeth.
- Innovative Dental Care: Periodontists offer dental implant treatment, the most innovative and advanced tooth replacement.
- Improved Quality of Life: Periodontists specialize in implantology to help you regain full dental function and quality of life.
Our Dental Implant Process
Dental implants are the most advanced and only complete tooth replacement method. As such, it takes several months to ensure that the implants can support your new teeth. To achieve this, our Vaughan periodontists will make sure your jawbone is strong and healthy, and your dental implants are successful.
- 1. Consultation and Dental Exam
Our periodontists will examine your jawbone, teeth, and gums through x-rays and 3D imaging. They will also review your dental and medical history to ensure you are a good candidate for dental implants. Based on this, they’ll create your personalized dental implant treatment plan that accounts for the number and location of missing teeth and recommend anesthetic options and antibiotics prior to the procedure.
- 2. Removal of Damaged Teeth and Bone Grafting
Your dental implant procedure starts with removing the remaining parts of damaged teeth and ensuring your jawbone is healthy. If your periodontist finds that the jawbone has deteriorated, they will place a bone graft, so it’s strong enough to fuse with the implant.
- 3. Placing the Dental Implant
Once the bone graft heals, you’ll be back for the implantation. Your periodontist will make an incision along the gum line and drill holes in the jawbone for the implant, keeping it secure as the artificial root. Afterwards, you may need a temporary partial denture to cover the gap.
- 4. Osseointegration and Placing the Abutment
As your gums heal, your jawbone will fuse with the implant, a process called osseointegration. This allows the implant to stay securely in place to support your new teeth. Once fully healed, the abutment will be placed to attach the dental crown to the implant.
- 5. Placing the Replacement Teeth
Once the implant and abutment are securely in place, your periodontist will place the dental crown. Supported by an artificial root in the jawbone, your new teeth will provide full dental function.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants in Vaughan?
No other tooth restoration and replacement method provides you with new, natural-looking and strong teeth. Only dental implants can support new dental crowns that are anchored securely in place, providing full dental function.
To ensure you can enjoy these benefits, our periodontists in Vaughan will make sure you are a good candidate for dental implants. Following your full dental exam, they can proceed with the dental implant procedure.
- You are in good oral and overall health
- You have sufficient bone density in the jawbone to support the dental implant and crown
- Your teeth and gum tissues are healthy.
How much are dental implants in Vaughan?
As the only complete tooth replacement method, dental implants are an investment in your healthy smile and full dental function. Dental implants generally cost $1,500 to $6,000 in Vaughan.
However, everyone’s oral health and dental treatment needs are unique. You have a specific number of missing teeth located anywhere in the mouth that need replacing. The good news is, a single dental implant can support several replacement dental crowns, making them incredibly cost-effective.
To enjoy the benefits of a healthy, fully restored smile, the cost of dental implants in Vaughan is based on:
- How many missing teeth do you have, and the number of dental implants required to support new dental crowns
- The actual dental crown restorations
- Whether your jawbone has sufficient bone density, or if you need a bone graft
- Where the implants will be placed and the complexity of the procedure—endosteal (the most common, fused with the jawbone) or subperiosteal (just under the gum line).
- How much of the cost is covered by your dental insurance
- The qualifications, certifications, and experience of your periodontist in Vaughan.
What to Look for When Choosing a Periodontist in Vaughan: The Periodontal Associates Advantage in Dental Implants
At Periodontal Associates, we do more than replace your missing teeth with dental implants—the most innovative and long-term tooth replacement method. Led by board-certified periodontists, our Vaughan clinic is dedicated to your overall periodontal health. From leveraging the latest in implantology to restore your smile, to treating and preventing gum disease, we take care of your oral health.
- Highly experienced periodontists: Periodontal Associates is home to periodontists board-certified in Periodontology by Royal College of Dentists of Canada and are highly trained in implantology. We bring many years of experience in providing leading periodontal care and performing dental implant procedures.
- Personalized treatment: Our periodontists understand your unique needs. We create a personalized dental implant treatment plan based on the number and location of missing teeth, and aimed at fast recovery and restored quality of life.
- Affordable dental implants: We’re committed to making dental implants accessible and affordable in Vaughan through financing terms and insurance coverage.
- State-of-the-art clinic: Our state-of-the-art clinic is conveniently located in the GTA, accessible from Vaughan through major highways.
Want to smile again, with a full set of teeth and utmost confidence? Discover the long-term benefits of a fully restored smile with dental implants. Talk to our periodontists in Vaughan to learn more about how dental implants can help you.