Periodontists & Dental Implant Specialists in Richmond Hill
Regular dental care is the best way to protect your smile for life, but even then, injuries, disease, and untreated cavities can cause you to lose one or several teeth. In fact, 69% of adults aged 35 to 44 have lost at least one tooth, and 26% have lost all their teeth by age 74.
The good news is, you’re not resigned to a lifetime of missing teeth. Among dozens of periodontists in Richmond Hill, Periodontal Associates is dedicated to replacing your missing teeth and restoring your full, healthy smile with dental implants. Eat, talk, smile, and more with full dental function.
What are Dental Implants?
Among all tooth replacement methods, only dental implants are fixed and permanent. That’s because they’re implanted directly in the jawbone, where they function as the new roots of missing teeth. Dental implants are made of titanium posts that anchor new dental crowns in place, providing you with full dental function.
What is a Periodontist? How are They Different From Regular Richmond Hill Dentists?
Dentists are essential to maintaining strong and healthy teeth with regular dental care. But when you’re dealing with missing teeth or issues in the gums, tissues, and bones that support the teeth, you need a periodontist in Richmond Hill.
After finishing dental school, periodontists complete a three-year university post-graduate where they train in implantology and oral surgery and periodontal treatment for gingivitis, periodontitis, gum disease, oral inflammation, and more. Following their training, periodontists are licensed in Periodontology and certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
Why Choose a Periodontist for Your Dental Implants in Richmond Hill
Dental implants are the most advanced tooth replacement that restores full dental function, and supports new teeth that look and function like natural ones. To enjoy this unparalleled quality of life, it takes a periodontist in Richmond Hill trained in implantology and oral surgery.
- Experience: Periodontists are highly experienced in implantology and periodontal treatment, allowing them to successfully place your dental implants, restore your full smile, and keep the gums and tissues healthy.
- Innovative Dental Care: Periodontists perform dental implant procedures, the most advanced tooth replacement method and innovative dental care.
- Improved Quality of Life: By restoring your smile with dental implants, periodontists ensure you have full dental function and a renewed quality of life.
Our Dental Implant Process
As the most advanced tooth replacement method, dental implants take several months to complete. Your Richmond Hill periodontists at Periodontal Associates are committed to keeping your jawbone healthy enough to support the implant and new teeth, and placing these with utmost skill and precision. Here’s how:
- 1. Consultation and Dental Exam
Your periodontist will assess your teeth, gums, and jawbone using x-rays and 3D imaging, and review your dental and medical history. They will confirm if you are a good candidate for dental implants. Then, they’ll create your personalized treatment plan based on the number and location of missing teeth, and present you with anesthetic options and antibiotics to prepare.
- 2. Removal of Damaged Teeth and Bone Grafting
Your dental implant procedure begins with cleaning out any remaining bits of lost teeth and roots. Next, your periodontist will confirm if your jawbone is healthy, or place a bone graft if it has deteriorated to restore its strength and ability to fuse with the implant.
- 3. Placing the Dental Implant
When you return after the jawbone heals, your periodontist will make an incision along the gum line to drill holes in the jawbone. The implant will be placed here and fuse with the jawbone over time to function as new roots. In the meantime, you’ll wear a temporary partial denture to cover the gap.
- 4. Osseointegration and Placing the Abutment
During the next few months, the jawbone will heal and fuse with the implant. This process, known as osseointegration, allows the implant to be anchored securely in place, so it can support your teeth. Once fully healed, the abutment will be placed to attach teeth to the implant.
- 5. Placing the Replacement Teeth
Now, you’re ready for your new teeth to be placed and anchored to the dental implant. Your smile is fully restored, so you can eat, talk, and more with dental crowns that look and function like natural teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants in Richmond Hill?
Anyone with missing teeth deserves a chance at regaining their full, healthy smile. But in order for dental implants to work and effectively support new teeth that look and function like your natural ones, your Richmond Hill periodontist needs to make sure that you are a good candidate. Once they do, they can proceed with your dental implant procedure and restore your smile.
- You are generally in good health, including oral health
- Your jawbone has sufficient bone density or you can undergo a bone graft to support the dental implant
- Your teeth and gum tissues are healthy.
How Much are Dental Implants in Richmond Hill?
Known as the only permanent and complete tooth replacement method from root to crown, dental implants are an investment in your restored dental function and quality of life. In Richmond Hill, investing in dental implants costs from $1,500 to $6,000.
However, our periodontists know that your oral health needs are unique. For these, we offer personalized treatment plants that allow a single implant to support several new dental crowns. Our goal is to make this life-changing dental treatment accessible.
Here’s how we determine the cost of your dental implants:
- How many missing teeth there are and their location, and the number of dental implants required
- Dental crown restorations
- The strength of your jawbone and whether or not a bone graft is required
- The placement of the implants and the complexity of the procedure—endosteal (most common, wherein the implant is fused directly with the jawbone) or subperiosteal (under the gum line)
- Your dental insurance coverage
- The training, qualifications, and experience of your periodontist in Richmond Hill.
What to Look for When Choosing a Periodontist in Richmond Hill: The Periodontal Associates Advantage in Dental Implants
At Periodontal Associates, restoring your full smile with dental implants in Richmond Hill is just the first step. Our mission is your long-term periodontal care. With board-certified periodontists highly experienced in implantology, periodontal treatments, and oral pathology, we’ll restore your smile and maintain the health of the gums, jawbone, and tissues that support the teeth.
- Board-certified periodontists: Our team of periodontists are board-certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada in Periodontology. Combined with this, we bring extensive training in implantology, so we can successfully replace missing teeth and improve your quality of life.
- Personalized treatment: At Periodontal Associates, we understand that every patient is unique. Our periodontists design a treatment plan just for you based on the number and location of your missing teeth, with the goal of a speedy and successful recovery.
- Affordable dental implants: We believe that crucial periodontal treatments like dental implants should be accessible to all in Richmond Hill. Periodontal Associates offers financing terms and accepts a wide range of insurance coverages.
- Conveniently located, state-of-the-art clinic: Periodontal Associates is located in the GTA, close to major highways in Richmond Hill. Once you arrive for your dental implant procedure, you’ll be welcomed in our safe, modern, and inviting clinic.
You deserve to eat, talk, and smile again with full confidence. Experience life with dental implants—a complete smile and full dental function. Find out how when you talk to our periodontists in Richmond Hill.
Learn More About Your Richmond Hill Dental Implants Periodontist
Richmond Hill is the third most populous municipality in the York Region, which is part of the Greater Toronto Area. It’s geographically situated between the cities of Markham and Vaughan, which is North of Thornhill and South of Aurora. The city’s motto is “En la rose, je fleuris” which translated to English means “Like the rose, I flourish,” which is a reflection of it being the rose capital” of Canada in the early 20th century. Richmond Hill is governed by a Mayor-Council system comprised of a mayor, six Ward Councillors and two Regional Councillors. It’s home to thirty-two public schools and fifteen catholic schools, in addition to many private schools.
Although there are several periodontal practices in Richmond Hill, we make it easy to choose Periodontal Associates as your trusted dental implant specialist. Contact our trusted team today for help with your dental implant needs.