Periodontists & Dental Implant Specialists in Oakville
No one should go through life with missing teeth. That’s why among dozens of periodontists serving Oakville, Periodontal Associates brings years of experience and the latest in oral health to restore your or your loved one’s quality of life.
Our periodontists recommend dental implants for the 69% of adults ages 35 to 44 who have lost at least one tooth, and the 26% who have lost all their teeth at the age of 74. We offer dental implants: the most advanced and only permanent tooth replacement methods. Let’s restore your healthy smile.
What are Dental Implants?
There’s more to tooth restoration and replacement than poorly fitting dentures and dental bridges. Dental implants enable the permanent replacement of teeth lost to aging, accidents, and disease.
Made of titanium posts, dental implants are placed in your jawbone. These replace the root of missing teeth, allowing periodontists to attach new dental crowns and anchor them securely. With implants, you can get new, permanent teeth that look and function like natural teeth.
What is a Periodontist? How are They Different From Regular Oakville Dentists?
Unlike dentists who provide general dental care, periodontists are specialist dentists who treat the gums, tissues, and bones surrounding the teeth. They undertake a three-year university post-graduate after dental school to train in periodontics, which includes advanced dental procedures like dental implants and gingivitis, periodontitis, and oral inflammation. Through their extensive training, periodontists are certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada in Periodontology.
Why Choose a Periodontist for Your Dental Implants in Oakville
As the only permanent tooth replacement method, getting dental implants is a complex procedure. You need the right specialist in Oakville to restore your healthy smile, and help you achieve the lifelong benefits of permanently replacing missing teeth.
- Experience: Periodontists train extensively in oral surgery, implantology, and oral pathology, allowing them to treat missing teeth and conditions affecting the gums, tissues, and bones surrounding the teeth.
- The latest in Dental Care: Periodontists in Oakville specialize in providing dental implants—the most innovative and only permanent treatment for missing teeth using the latest in implantology, with the highest success rates in overall oral health.
- Improved Quality of Life: Periodontists are committed to restoring normal eating and speech functions and improving your self-esteem through dental implants and permanent, natural-looking replacement teeth.
Our Dental Implant Process
Considering dental implants for yourself or a loved one? Periodontal Associates pioneers a five-step process for restoring healthy smiles, for life:
- Consultation and Dental Exam
Our periodontists will perform a full dental exam, with x-rays and 3D imaging to determine if dental implants are right for you. We’ll go over your dental and overall medical history, and create a personalized treatment plan based on the number and location of missing teeth. We’ll inform you of your anesthesia options, and prescribe antibiotics in preparation for the procedure.
- Removal of Damaged Teeth and Bone Grafting
Prior to the implantation, your periodontist needs to remove any remaining parts of damaged teeth. We will also examine the jawbone and recommend a bone graft if needed, so it’s strong enough to fuse with the dental implant.
- Placing the Dental Implant
Once the bone graft has healed, your periodontist will make an incision along the gum line to expose the jawbone. They will drill holes for the implant, allowing it to function as an artificial root for replacement teeth. You may have to use a temporary partial denture to cover the gap while the jawbone heals.
- Osseointegration and Placing the Abutment
After the implant is placed, the jawbone will heal and fuse with it. This process, called osseointegration, can take a few months. Once the implant successfully fuses with the bone, it provides a solid base for anchoring the new dental crown. Your periodontist will place an abutment to attach the replacement tooth to the implant.
- Placing the Replacement Teeth
Now that the gums are healed and the implant is secure, your periodontist will attach the new dental crown. With dental implants, your new teeth are permanently in place, so they look, feel, and work like natural teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants in Oakville?
There isn’t a better treatment in Oakville for missing teeth than dental implants. With their ability to support permanent, natural-looking dental crowns, you can eat and talk confidently, for life. But to ensure that you enjoy these lifelong benefits, your periodontist in Oakville needs to confirm that dental implants are right for you. See what makes successful dental implants:
- You are in generally good health, with good dental care.
- You have sufficient jawbone density to support the dental implant.
- You have enough healthy gum tissues.
How Much are Dental Implants in Oakville?
Dental implants are a lifelong investment: they restore your healthy smile and quality of life for good. However, each procedure is unique, resulting in implants costing anywhere from $1,500 to $6,000 in Oakville. But keep in mind that each implant can anchor several replacement teeth, giving you the best value. See how dental implant costs are calculated:
- How many missing teeth need replacing, the number of implants needed, and the dental crown restoration
- Whether you need a bone graft, and the placement of the implants—endosteal (fused with the jawbone) or subperiosteal (placed under the gum line)
- Whether your dental insurance covers implants and the dental crown replacement
- The years of experience, renowned success, and certifications of your periodontist in Oakville.
What to Look for When Choosing a Periodontist in Oakville: The Periodontal Associates Advantage in Dental Implants
Periodontal Associates is led by highly trained, fully board-certified, and well-reviewed periodontists. Our periodontists specialize in implantology, oral pathology, and gum disease treatment. Backed by years of experience, we bring only the most advanced and innovative treatments to Oakville. See how we restore your smile and preserve your lifelong oral health with dental implants:
- Expert qualifications: Our highly experienced, board-certified periodontists are committed to caring for you according to the latest standards in implantology, resulting in highly successful dental implants.
- Personalized treatment: We cater to your unique dental needs through a personalized treatment plan for replacing missing teeth, designed for optimal recovery time and quality of life.
- Affordable cost: We are committed to making dental implants accessible through insurance and financing options.
- Clinic location and comfort: Periodontal Associates is conveniently located close to Highway 403. Step into our warm, state-of-the-art clinic designed for your utmost safety and comfort.
The road to a full, healthy smile begins here. Eat and talk comfortably and confidently without missing teeth—just a new and improved smile that looks and works like natural teeth, made for life. Visit Periodontal Associates to learn more about dental implants in Oakville.
Learn More About Your Oakville Dental Implants Periodontist
Beautiful Oakville is a town located in the Halton Region of Ontario, Canada. It sits along the northern shores of Lake Ontario and is sandwiched between Hamilton to the West and Toronto to the East. According to a 2021 census, Oakville is the largest town in Ontario, with a population of 213,759. Geographically, the Oakville planning department has divided the town into thirteen communities that are based on traditional neighbourhoods. Oakville is home to large manufacturing companies like Ford, GE and UTC Aerospace, and many retirement communities and pharmaceutical companies. The town is also home to the Oakville Centre for Performing Arts, which houses international and local artist performances in addition to the popular Oakville Symphony Orchestra, the Oakville Children’s Choir and the Oakville Ballet Company.
With several periodontist choices in Oakville, it’s an easy choice to go with the experts trusted by your neighbours – Periodontal Associates. Contact our trusted team today, and we can help with your dental implant needs.