Periodontists & Dental Implant Specialists in Mississauga
Having one or several missing teeth shouldn’t be the end of the road for your strong and healthy smile. Among dozens of periodontists in Mississauga, Periodontal Associates is the most dedicated to helping you and your loved ones eat, talk, smile, and more.
With over 69% of adults ages 35 to 44 having lost at least one tooth, and 26% losing all their permanent teeth by 74, we can replace missing teeth with lifelong dental implants and restore your healthy smile.
What are Dental Implants?
Discover dental implants—the only permanent tooth restoration method. Now, it’s possible to replace missing teeth lost to aging, accidents, and other oral health conditions for good. Dental implants consist of a titanium post placed in your jawbone, functioning as the new, artificial root of lost teeth. Implants allow periodontists to attach new dental crowns and anchor them in place. The result is new, permanently replaced teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
What is a Periodontist? How are They Different From Regular Mississauga Dentists?
A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in treating the gums, tissues, and bone supporting the teeth. After dental school, they complete a three-year university post-graduate specialty to train in advanced dental care and tooth restoration treatments like dental implants. They treat periodontal diseases, such as gingivitis, periodontitis, gum disease, and oral inflammation. Periodontists are licensed specialists in Periodontology, certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
Why Choose a Periodontist for Your Dental Implants in Mississauga
Dental implants are the most advanced tooth replacement method. To ensure their life-changing benefits, you’ll need the best person for the job in Mississauga. Thanks to their extensive training in oral surgery, a periodontist is fully equipped to restore and enhance your smile with dental implants.
- Experience: Periodontists train in highly advanced dental care, with years of experience in keeping the gums, tissues, and bone surrounding the teeth healthy and performing oral surgery.
- Innovative Dental Care: Dental implants are the latest and only permanent treatment for replacing missing teeth—and periodontists specialize in providing them.
- Commitment to Your Quality of Life: Dedicated to restoring your full quality of life, periodontists follow the latest standards in implantology to place your dental implants.
Our Dental Implant Process
Discover how our periodontists in Mississauga replace your or your loved ones’ missing teeth. Get dental implants to restore your healthy smile in just five steps.
- Consultation and Dental Exam
Your first visit to Periodontal Associates consists of a full dental exam, x-rays, and 3D imaging. Our periodontists will determine if you are a suitable candidate for dental implants. We’ll review your medical and dental history, and design a personalized treatment plan tailored to the number and location of missing teeth. We’ll also provide you with anesthesia options and prescribe antibiotics.
- Removal of Damaged Teeth and Bone Grafting
To prepare for your dental implant, our periodontist will remove the remaining parts of damaged teeth and roots. If the jawbone has deteriorated, you will need a bone graft to strengthen it, allowing it to fuse with the dental implant.
- Placing the Dental Implant
Your periodontist will make an incision along the gum line to expose the jawbone, then drill holes for the implant. These titanium posts function as the new root of the teeth to be replaced. Your periodontist may recommend a temporary partial denture to cover the gap while the jawbone heals and fuses with the implant.
- Osseointegration and Placing the Abutment
Once the titanium post is implanted, osseointegration begins. Over the next few months, the jawbone heals and fuses with the implant, creating a solid base to anchor a replacement dental crown. Once healed, your periodontist will place the abutment, a device that attaches the new tooth to the implant.
- Placing the Replacement Teeth
Once your gums are healed, and the implant is secure, your periodontist will place the replacement dental crown. Thanks to dental implants, your new teeth will remain securely in place, looking, feeling, and working like natural teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants in Mississauga?
Dental implants promise an improved quality of life—completely restored oral health and function as missing teeth are replaced. But to get the best results, your periodontist in Mississauga needs to confirm that you’re a good candidate to maximize the benefits of dental implants. Find out if implants are right for you:
- Good general health and oral health
- Sufficient bone in the jaw
- Healthy gum tissues.
Good health and oral well-being ensure the success of your dental implant surgery. Your periodontist needs to ensure that there is enough healthy tissue and bone to support the dental implant and replacement tooth. This allows you to enjoy the lifelong benefits of your restored healthy smile.
How Much are Dental Implants in Mississauga?
Dental implants are an investment in your lifelong oral health and quality of life. Everyone has unique dental care needs, resulting in implants ranging from $1,500 to $6,000 in Mississauga. Note, however, that since each implant can support several missing teeth, they provide maximum value for tooth replacement. Learn how to get the best value for your dental implants in Mississauga:
- The number of missing teeth that need to be replaced, the number of implants required to support them, and the actual dental crown restoration
- The strength of your jawbone and whether you need a bone graft, as well as the placement of implants—endosteal (fused directly with the jawbone) or subperiosteal (under the gum line)
- Whether you have dental insurance coverage for dental implants and the full dental crown reconstruction
- The experience, qualifications, and certifications of your periodontist in Mississauga.
What to Look for When Choosing a Periodontist in Mississauga: The Periodontal Associates Advantage in Dental Implants
At Periodontal Associates, we’re proudly led by expertly trained, board-certified, and top-reviewed periodontists. We specialize in treating your gums, jawbone, and tissues supporting the teeth with dental implants—the most advanced and only permanent tooth replacement method. As renowned specialists in both implantology, and the treatment of gum disease and oral pathology, we’re dedicated to restoring your healthy smile and promoting lifelong oral health.
- Expert qualifications: Our periodontists are board-certified, with years of experience in oral surgery and dental care, particularly dental implant procedures.
- Personalized treatment: We develop a personalized treatment plan to replace your missing teeth to achieve your best outcome, optimal recovery time, and quality of life.
- Affordable cost: Periodontal Associates offers insurance and financing options to ensure access to dental implants and improved speech, nutrition, and self-esteem.
- Clinic location and comfort: Our clinic is conveniently located in Mississauga, close to Highway 403. We strive to maintain a warm and inviting atmosphere in our clinic to ensure your utmost comfort.
Your journey to a renewed, strong, and healthy smile starts here, today. There’s no reason you or a loved one should live with missing teeth. Visit Periodontal Associates in Mississauga today to learn more about dental implants.
Learn More About Your Mississauga Dental Implants Periodontist
Mississauga is a large city neighbouring Lake Ontario to the South, Toronto to the East, Brampton to the North and Oakville and Milton to the West. It was historically known as Toronto Township. It’s an amalgamation of three former villages, two town townships and many rural hamlets. As of 2021, it was the seventh most populated city in Canada, boasting a population of 717,961. The city of Mississauga covers 288.42 square kilometres with 13km of Lake Ontario shoreline frontage. It’s home to the Toronto Pearson International Airport, the busiest airport in Canada and many multinational corporations.
Mississauga is home to several periodontists, but there’s a clear choice with whom you should trust – the experts at Periodontal Associates are your go-to team for your dental implant needs in Mississauga.